Much to my surprise and delight, Marissa over at Tucker the Wunderkind gave me and B the Stylish Blogger award!!! This is our first award since we began our blogging adventure 2 years ago. I must say I am thrilled that people actually read my blog. I started it as a way to chronicle training a green horse which, by the way, I thought would be a much easier and faster process. Sometimes it seems like all I write about is struggles and setbacks, so it’s nice to have some online horsey folks along for the journey. At least I have some great company for this arduous process!
The rules for the award are as follows:
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
7 Things About Myself:
- I don’t like babies. There, I said it. I really don’t enjoy being around babies, even my own. I love them, don’t get me wrong, but I like them a lot better once they hit 1 year and start talking.
- I have a very expensive Master’s degree in Theology from Duke which I don’t use. It is absolutely useless besides making me interesting at dinner parties.
- I’m definitely a Type A personality which makes riding very difficult because perfection is virtually impossible to attain.
- I was born in the wrong century. I should have been born in the late 1800’s to a family of landed English gentry where my feminist-before-it-was-trendy father would insist I learn 6 languages and study Ancient Near Eastern history. I would train English thoroughbreds and fox hunt in my free time. Even though I wouldn’t have to work because my family would be fabulously wealthy, I would be an antiquities dealer which would require frequent trips to Egypt. I would never marry but instead have loads of lovers and one love child. See, wrong century.
- I love trashy reality TV, especially the Real Housewives. I love seeing how the “beautiful people” live. The whole time I watch I’m thinking what a swanky barn I would board at if I had that much money. They just waste it on shoes.
- I’ve always been fascinated by the Holocaust even though I’m not Jewish. I can’t for the life of me understand HOW it happened. How did people stand by and allow their neighbors to be rounded up and murdered? How did people usher children into a gas chamber? It’s unimaginable and unthinkable and the more survivors’ stories I read, the less I understand how it was perpetrated.
- Tori Amos is my most favorite artist/ musician. I name all my pets after her song lyrics or titles. Baron comes from “Barons of Suburbia.” Baron is also Paris Hilton’s little brother’s name, just FYI. People used to tell me I looked like Paris Hilton. That was before I had kids. I guess that’s 8 things.
Now, on to the best part… recognizing some recently discovered blogs and passing the award along:
- G is for Greta Super cute grey Swedish Warmblood
- Girl on a Mountain with a Chicken Grad Student in Colorado that spends summers on a dude ranch
- Green Slobber On My Shirt Cute grey OTTB
- Diary of a Working Student Dressage blog
- Dressage Adentures She’s friends with the chick from Diary of a Working Student
- Loving Cloud Another super cute grey OTTB who is a dressage rockstar
- There’s a Horse Outside My Window Two cute California OTTB’s
And one non-horse related blog…
The Half Hippie Mom raising toddlers, saving the planet, and swigging the occasional glass of vino
And finally, in honor of my Stylish Blogger award, I shall post a picture of the stylish outfit I can often be seen in at the barn…